You have a multi-jurisdictional certificate for a customer in CertCapture, and need to expire some of the states on the certificate to make them taxable.
- You can't expire select states on a multi-jurisdictional certificate.
- Make the entire multi-jurisdictional certificate invalid.
- Hit the Queue API Resend button on the first alphabetical record listed under the certificate, and make sure the certificate shows up in the Admin Console as revoked.
- You can then re-upload the certificate and validate only in the states you wish the exemptions to apply.
- Don't delete the expired exemption certificate. We recommend retaining the historical data in case of an audit.