You have a tax charge that for some reason you cannot process through your account system, so you want to add the tax amount directly in the Admin Console.
IMPORTANT NOTE: As this method requires a tax amount override, customers who are participating in the Streamlined Sales Tax (SST) initiative are not able to use this method to perform a tax credit.
- Navigate to the Transactions tab in your Admin Console
- Click New
- On the Document Tab, fill out
- Origin and Destination addresses by clicking the blue hyperlinks to populate the address fields
- Doc Code
- Customer/Vendor Code
- Document Date
- All other fields are optional
- On the Lines tab, click Add New Line
- Enter any unique value in Line No
- Enter 1 for Quantity
- Enter 0 for Amount
- Select Tax Override Type as TaxAmount
- Enter the tax amount in the newly populated TaxAmount field
- Detail a short description of the reason behind your override in the Tax Override Reason text box.
- Click Add at the bottom of the line
- Click Calculate Tax on the left-hand side of the page
- You will see 0 in the Amount, Taxable and Nontaxable areas with your tax amount in the Tax area
- Click Save as Committed to add to the transaction to your tax liability and reports.