You are trying to credit an invoice back but the tax calculated is coming up different from the original invoice. The reason for this is because the tax rate has changed between the date of the original invoice to the date of the return invoice and will require a tax calculation date override.
- In order to change the tax calculation date on a return invoice in the admin console:
- Login in to the Admin Console and click the Transaction tab.
- Click the Invoice Number (Doc Code) to pull up the specific document.
- Click Edit.
- On the Document tab, from the Tax Override Type menu, select Tax Date.
- Override the tax date in the Date box.
- Provide a brief description in the Tax Override Reason box.
- Select an option from the Adjustment Reason menu. Note: If Other is selected, an explanation is required in the description box below.
- Click Calculate Tax and Save the transaction as either Uncommitted or Committed.
Note: This will only affect the tax calculation date. The invoice date determines what period this transaction will fall under.