The city of Chicago has implemented an Amusement Tax and a Lease Tax at 9%. I want to know if Avalara supports these 2 tax rates.
- Avalara does not currently support Amusement Tax for the City of Chicago
- Create a custom rule to accommodate this tax
- If filing of this is needed, they would have to be handled with an alternative solution such as filing in-house.
- Avalara does support the Chicago Lease Tax with Avalara system tax codes but does not file Lease Tax. Lease tax is not a sales tax and has its own form, which Avalara does not file.
- The code works even with IL origins, as they reverse the sourcing and make the destination the city of Chicago
- SW050401 calculates at a 9% rate for the Chicago Personal Property Lease transaction Tax District
- If you need a report on lease taxes, they would have to be handled with an alternative solution such as filing in-house.