You have a balance due to a jurisdiction, such as penalties, interest, past return balances, or registration fees, and you would like to know if Avalara can include those amounts on a return.
- Avalara cannot add additional balances to a return that is not directly related to that specific return.
- Penalties and interest are only paid by Avalara if they were caused by us.
- Avalara does not pay registration fees.
- Balances due on previous returns are only paid by Avalara if we filed the return and funding has been provided to us.
- If an additional balance is due, please reach out to the jurisdiction directly and make the payment necessary to them.