After doing tests transactions and then voiding out those transactions in our live account affect our numbers
- In your Avalara Admin Console go to the Organization tab
- Create a new company by clicking the orange "New" button
- Choice the company type "Part of Multi-Company Organization"
- Choice Original company as parent company
- Choice yes for separate reporting entity and "Inherit Tax Profile"
- Choice a company name and code (We recommend anything with the word "Test")
- We recommend that Rounding Level and Freight & Handling Tax Dependency match the parent company
- Address, TIN/BIN and Primary contact for company can be made up
- Location Code is user defined and will pull the address from the address section when manually entering transactions when selected - Select a catagory that best fits what the location is
- When you get to "Define how the Company is used. Is this a Test Company?" Choice yes
- Change the company code within your ERP to your new test company and run the test
- After your are done with the tests don't forget to change the Company Code back to your original Company Code.