You have added a transaction for a previous period and want to know what needs to be done to get it into the return.
- You have two options:
- Change the document date on the transaction to the current period and have Avalara include it on the current return OR
- We can file an amended return if one has already been filed or a back-filed return if no return was filed
- Contact your account manager to discuss a back-filing project
- Analyze transactions and reports in the Admin Console to confirm all needed transactions are in your account prior to making the request.
- We are only able to file with the data that is in our service, so Admin Console transactions need to be correct and complete prior to our filing a return for a previous period
Note: You can see transactions added/adjusted for previous periods on the Backdated Transaction alert on the Home tab.