This article applies to:Avalara AvaTax for QuickBooks Desktop
Using memorizedin QuickBooks Desktop sometimes slows down the processing of transactions and can lock up QuickBooks Desktop. The Sales Tax Errors utility displays sales transactions in which sales tax hasn't yet been resolved (processed) by AvaTax and lets you fix any processing errors.
Fix sales tax errors in AvaTax for QuickBooks Desktop
To use this utility, follow these steps:
- Go to File > AvaTax > Utilities, and click View Pending Transactions.
- Click Filter to filter document types, and then do either of the following:
- Under Date Range, select a date range for transactions to view.
- Under Document Type, select any of the following document types:
- Sales order
- Click a transaction, and then click one of the following:
- Recalculate: To get tax on the transaction
- Edit Transaction: To change the transaction's details
- Remove: To remove the transaction from the list. For example, if it's an oddly formatted international address, AvaTax might not be able to calculate tax on it
- Remove All: To remove all the transactions from the list
- Calculate All: Click to calculate all items on the list as a batch. This button is only visible If you selected Disable dialogue windows [Memorized Transactions] on the Tax Calculation tab during configuration.