Read the release notes to learn about the latest additions, changes, and fixes to AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2017 RTM
AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2017 RTM release 10.0.13682.01.03, December 19, 2017 [Release notes from development]
- Fixed the issue where tax wasn't calculated when using the list page's Release operation
- Specific code change document
AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 RTM
AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 RTM release 9.00.42815.08.00v2, Nov 21, 2017
- Implemented event-based model (publisher/subscriber)
- Improved upgrade path:
- Reduced code from the AvalaraX object
- Requires fewer changes to Microsoft Dynamics NAV objects, resulting in reduced upgrade time
- Improved code
- Improved code reusability and readability
AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2015 RTM
AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2015 RTM release 8.00.37874.11.04, November 30, 2017
- Fixed an issue where a transaction wasn't created in AvaTax after releasing a credit memo
AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 RTM
AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 RTM release 7.00.33781.06.08, December 22, 2017 [Release notes from development]
- Specific code change document
- Fixed the issue where a "TotalAmount is out of balance" error displayed when creating a credit memo with return receipt lines
AvaTax Update for NetSuite 3.8
AvaTax Update for NetSuite release 3.8, July 9, 2013 [Release notes from development]
- Fixed the issue where the nexus alert type was displaying an incorrect count
AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 R2
AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 R2 release 7.10.35473.13.00, April 25, 2017
- Added the Work Type option in the Taxability Code Mapping utility
- Added Extensive Logging option in AvaTax Configuration > General. If enabled, AvaTax activities are automatically logged and saved in a local log file.
- Added messages for invoices that have transactions related to European countries. These messages appear in the Invoice Messaging at the document-level for a transaction if the following conditions are met:
- Customer must have a Tax registration number
- The transaction must contain different origin and destination EU addresses
- Item must be taxable
- Added Tax Calculation Date under Avalara Functions in credit memo and return order.
- If you add the Tax Calculation Date at the header-level, this date overrides the document date and is used to calculate the sales tax for all the lines in that credit memo or return order.
- If you add the Tax Calculation Date at the line-level, this date overrides the document date and/or Tax Calculation Date added at the header level. It is used to calculate the sales tax for the line in that credit memo or return order.
- Enhanced Batch Address Validation utility
- Now you can calculate sales tax using Lines > Functions > Get Shipment Line for an invoice
- Now when you delete unposted transactions in Microsoft Dynamics NAV it also deletes associated uncommitted transactions in AvaTax
- Fixed the errors that occurred due to the length of the jurisdiction name/code in a transaction
- Fixed the error that occurred after performing the statistics operation on posted transactions
- Fixed the "Tax document not found" error that occurred when deleting a Sales Order/ Quote
- Fixed the error that occurred while retrieving the exemption certificate(s) status when you click the Retrieve Certificate(s) Status button in AvaCert > Retrieve Certificate(s) Status
- Fixed the "could not find a part of the path" error in AvaCert > Retrieve Certificate(s) > Get Certificate as PDF
- Fixed an issue where the sales tax amount was incorrectly displayed in native Statistics for transactions with similar Document No. For example, the sales tax calculated for Document No. 1000A was displayed in Document No. 1000.
- Fixed the "Document was posted but Total Tax is out of balance" warning. This warning was displayed while posting partial orders that had freight charges for NT items.
- Fixed an issue related to the final invoice amount of a sales order with Prepmt. Include Tax option selected and having Prepayment % details
- Fixed an issue where the Outstanding Amount and Amount Including Tax for a transaction were incorrect even when the sales tax was properly calculated
- Fixed an issue where posting a sales transaction (order, invoice, credit memo, or return order) deleted all the records from the Ava Header table
- Fixed the issue for the partial shipment of Sales/Service Orders where the tax amount wasn't released/updated
- Fixed an issue where the Statistics, Release, and Post operation failed for multi-tax transaction lines
- Fixed an issue where the transaction Statistics / Release / Post operation failed when the transaction had a line with multiple taxes for the jurisdiction
- Fixed the issue with the amounts shown in the Reconciliation window after using the Reconciliation utility
- Fixed the issue where the exempt amount wasn't considered for line types (Item, Resource, G/L Account, etc) with manually mapped tax codes
- Fixed an issue where the tax amount included in the prepayment invoice amount, wasn't considered in the final prepayment invoice, thus causing amount mismatch in posted transactions
AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 Web Client
AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 Web Client release 7.0.33781.2.0, March 11, 2014
- In this release, we’ve added and changed AvaTax code to have an integration point on NAV because the web client is used in parallel with role-tailored client pages
- We’ve improved NAV integration points (codebases) to be compatible with the AvaTax integration so that you’ll have the same functionality on both NAV clients: role-tailored client and web client
- In this release, we’ve created more user-friendly messages and dialogs to confirm activities on the fly