Clarity is a well-rounded, professional, all service extension of your business.
- Get Started with Avalara Products
- Set up Avalara products to make your business tax compliant. Gather information about your business, set up AvaTax to work with your accounting software, and learn how Avalara's integration software works.
- 1. Activate AvaTax and Set up Your Company Profile
- 2. Set up Returns
3. Go to Tax Service Setting tab to Install and Configure AvaTax for Clarity eCommerce
- 4. Exempt Customers from Tax
- 5. Manage Taxability of Products and Services
- 6. Send a Test Transaction
- Update Your Version of AvaTax
- Get the latest version of AvaTax manually if your company’s accounting software doesn’t update automatically.
- Who You Exempt
- If you regularly sell to customers who are exempt from tax, you need to store their exemption certificates and consistently exempt their purchases. There's more than one way to exempt customers.
- What You Sell
- Some products and services are taxed differently in different jurisdictions. Apply Avalara tax codes to products and services you sell to help account for this varying taxability. There are a few different ways you can apply, or map, Avalara tax codes to your products and services.
- Monthly Tasks to Maintain Sales Tax Compliance
- There are no guarantees that you won't get audited, so you need to be prepared for when the taxman comes calling. We've gathered resources for specific tasks you should complete each month to help you remain sales tax compliant.
- Clarity eCommerce Help
- For help with your accounting software, visit your provider's site.