Read older release notes to learn about the previous additions, changes, and fixes to AvaTax for Workday 1. For more detailed information about AvaTax for Workday, see the AvaTax for Workday guide.
See the latest release notes.
October 27, 2017
AvaTax for Workday 1 release 1.9
- Added Address Validation report. This report is generated after the Address Validation utility is executed and displays detailed validation result
- Label changes:
- Account number changed to Account number / Username
- License Key changed to License Key / Password
- Updated errors and messages displayed for AvaValidateCustomerAddress
- Fixed the "Unable to Lock Document in Workday" error. Transaction details in Workday and AvaTax are now in sync.
- Fixed the tax calculation error when there were special characters in Address_ID
- Fixed the "Total Amount mismatch" error that occurred during reconciliation. In AvaTax, the sales tax amounts are rounded off and then saved which was resulting in sales tax amount mismatch during reconciliation.
August 10, 2017
Updates and improvements in AvaTax for Workday release 1.8.1:
- Fixed the issue where addresses were incorrectly updated after address validation
April 25, 2017
Updates and improvements in AvaTax for Workday release 1.8:
- Added Send Item Group to AvaTax option. Select this option to send the item group reference ID instead of the item code for an item from Workday to AvaTax
- Added JurisCode and JurisNameJurisCode and JurisName fields in the TaxDetails custom object in order to provide more details for a transaction
March 16, 2017
- Avalara release 1.7.1
- Fixed the integration failed error while processing the AvaTaxCalcErrorRecovery report
- Fixed the tax calculation error when there were special characters in City and Country
January 31, 2017
- Avalara release 1.7
- Fixed the "Tax Calculation Error: "Fault: a:InternalServiceFault"" error that occurred when the calculated sales tax exceeded the Workday limitations for string length and decimal places
- Fixed the issue where the Invoice Type was sent as SalesOrder instead of SalesInvoice when:
- The Integration Attribute called Process this Invoice Type as SalesOrder in AvaTaxOptions didn't have an Attribute Value
- The Invoice Type on the Create Customer Invoice page wasn't selected
October 17, 2016
- Avalara release 1.6.6
- Added the following limitation to the TaxDetails on the customer invoice:
- The TaxAmount and TaxRate decimal value is now limited to 2 digits
- The TaxType text is now limited to 255 characters
October 6, 2016
- Avalara release 1.6.5
- Minor improvements and fixes
September 29, 2016
- Avalara release 1.6.4
- Fixed the Customer Invoice Reconcilation error: "Integration.Failed.com.capeclear.mediationException: No split message was generated.."
- Fixed the issue with the country code in a customer credit invoice. Calculate sales tax for customer credit invoices for all countries, including Singapore and United Kingdom.
September 23, 2016
- Avalara release 1.6.3
- Fixed the issue where after executing AvaPostCustomerInvoices, the Bill to Address and Bill to Contact addresses were automatically removed from the customer invoices
August 29, 2016
- Avalara release 1.6.2
- Fixed the issue where on execution of AvaPostCustomerInvoices, the SuccessfulPostResults.txt didn't show the status of the invoices selected for posting to the Admin Console as Committed.
August 23, 2016
- Avalara release 1.6.1
- Added Process this invoice Type as SalesOrder option under Integration Attributes in AvaOptions. You can choose the invoice type you want to process as a sales order.
August 10, 2015
- Avalara release 1.5
- Added attribute for item code. These attributes are displayed as a list of categories in Workday.
- Calculate sales tax and address validation are now available as separate operations.
June 5, 2015
- Avalara release 1.4
- Added support for India service tax (Tax on Tax).
- Fixed the "Not Found" error generated with a blank item code field. Now, the item name is sent if the item code field is left blank.
- Fixed an issue in the address validation functionality. Going forward, all addresses validated by AvaTax are updated in Workday.
- Fixed an issue where a special character in the item code or description would prevent tax calculation.
March 11, 2015
- Avalara release 1.3
- Added the posting utility to commit invoices to AvaTax based on date range.
- Added the Customer Invoice Reconciliation report to identify discrepancies and rectify them before committing invoices. The output of this report is in .csv format.
- Added the Customer Invoice Error Processing Report to identify and rectify invoices that have errors.
November 14, 2014
- Avalara release 1.1
- Invoice with tax details is now in a printable format.
- You can now override the Master ship-to address if you specify a line-level ship-to address.
- Workday calculates tax automatically when you submit an invoice.
- You can adjust tax on an invoice and post the adjustment and details in the Tax Override Adjustment Reason field on the Admin Console.
- Fixed an error related to country details missing in the configuration.
- You can now view reference invoice details on the Admin Console.
- Fixed an issue where default tax code was not displaying in the Admin Console.
August 6, 2014
- Avalara release 1.0
- Validate customer addresses singly or en masse.
- Calculate taxes on customer and supplier invoices and posts the results to the AvaTax Admin Console.
- Cancel tax calculations on customer and supplier invoices and post the results to the AvaTax Admin Console.