Read older release notes to learn about the previous additions, changes, and fixes to AvaTax for OpenCart 02.00. For more detailed information about AvaTax for OpenCart, see the AvaTax for OpenCart user guide.
See the latest release notes.
April 29, 2016
AvaTax for OpenCart 02.00 release 02.00.04.01
- Minor improvements and fixes
January 29, 2016
- Avalara release 02.00.04.00
- A self-provisioning feature for new users lets you create a 30 day AvaTax account and company trial plan without any assistance. Download and install the AvaTax add-on in OpenCart. Then go to the OpenCart > Admin Panel > System > Settings > Avalara tab and click Sign Up.
- Improved nexus functionality provides a list of suggested countries/states for and lets you select nexus in more than one jurisdiction for a company
- Some browser issues may be caused by the browser itself. Hence, we recommend that you keep your browser up to date and ensure that:
- Your version of Internet Explorer is 9 and above
- If you are using Safari, ensure that the Cookies and website data option is selected as Always allow. To confirm this setting, open your Safari browser and go to Gear > Preferences > Privacy
November 20, 2015
- Avalara release 02.00.03.00
- Fixed an issue with the Test connection functionality in production accounts. After you click Test connection, you can now see the list of companies in the Company Name drop-down.
October 6, 2015
- Avalara release 02.00.02.00
- Compatible with OpenCart version from 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199
- The settings for AvaTax are now available under OpenCart > System > Settings. Select your store and click Edit in the action column. Go to the Avalara tab to edit the your Avalara configuration and settings.
- Renamed Account Number to Account ID
- The Test connection button is now available in the Avalara credentials
- Added address validation functionality. You can now enable address validation for store and customer addresses.
- To return validated address in uppercase, enable Avalara tab > Address Validation setting section > Return address in upper case option.
- The AvaTax for OpenCart integration details are now available in the Avalara Details section under the Avalara tab
- Renamed Company Code to Company Name and the list is automatically populated after the successful verification of your AvaTax credentials
- Fixed an issue regarding the discount applicable for a product in an invoice. This discount is now applicable only for a product and not all the products in an invoice.
April 30, 2015
- Avalara release 02.00.01.00
- Compatible with OpenCart version 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, and 220.127.116.11
- Now, you can choose to send the Model Number, UPC, or SKU to AvaTax to control By default, the model number is sent to AvaTax.
- Integration with PayPal payment gateway. You are now able to see tax details if you chose to make payment through PayPal.
- Tax calculation is now based on the Ship-to address. If this address is not available, then the Bill-to address is used.
- You can now apply a discount coupon to a transaction. Tax is calculated on the amount after the discount is deducted.