Read older release notes to learn about the previous additions, changes, and fixes to AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2017. For more detailed information about AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics GP, see the AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics GP guide.
See the latest release notes.
June 8, 2018
AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016 release 16.00.107.00
- Fixed the latency issue with tax calculation
January 30, 2018
AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016 release 16.00.106.00
- For a drop-shipment order, the vendor address on the purchase order is now used as the origin address for sales tax calculation
- Fixed the issue in the AvaTax Reconciliation window where tax amounts were mismatched when trade discounts were included in a transaction
- Fixed the issue where a general ledger distribution entry was created for a zero dollar transaction when AVATAX-M was selected as the tax schedule ID
- Fixed an issue with calculating tax for a batch of sales order processing transactions with multiple currency types
August 29, 2017
AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016 release 16.00.105.00
- Fixed the issue where sales tax wasn't calculated for an invalid ship-to address in a sales transaction
June 20, 2017
Updates and improvements in AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics GP 16.00.104.00:
- Added consumer use tax functionality for payable batch entries
- Fixed the "Document was posted, but TotalAmount is out of balance" error that occurred after posting the documents in AvaTax
- Fixed the issue where the batch total for Cash Receipts entries was set to zero after sales tax was recalculated
April 25, 2017
Updates and improvements in AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics GP 16.00.103.00:
- Validate your AvaTax account with only your Account Number and the License Key. The User Name and Password are now only required for creating a new Company.
- For a receivable transaction document, the item description is now sent as the Item Code from Microsoft Dynamics GP to AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Fixed the issue where a blank Document Date was sent while posting the receivable batch. This issue occurred when the Posting Date From was selected as Transaction in the Posting Setup.
- Fixed the issue where the Print window didn't appear in a sales batch for the web client if the sales tax was calculated using AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Fixed the issue where the configuration settings reverted to default
August 16, 2016
- Avalara release 16.00.102.00
- In the Configure > General Options > Adapter Options section, added Extensive Logging option. If enabled, AvaTax activities are automatically logged and saved in a local log file.
May 30, 2016
- Avalara release 16.00.101.00
- AvaTax integration for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016
- A self-provisioning feature lets new users create an AvaTax account and company with a trial plan of 30-day without any assistance. On the Avalara Setup Assistant page, click Sign Up.
- Integration with Avalara's certificate management system. You can now request and retrieve exemption certificates.
- Now, you can choose to send the product code or UPC to AvaTax to control product taxability. By default, the product code is sent to AvaTax.
- Added consumer use tax functionality. You can verify the tax charged by vendors for the following type of entries and post the accrued amount to Microsoft Dynamics GP:
- Purchase invoices
- Receive transaction entries
- Payable transaction entries
- Added appropriate messages for reverse charge invoices that have transactions related to European countries. These messages appear in the Invoice Messaging at the document level for a transaction if the following conditions are true:
- Customer must have a Tax registration number
- The transaction must contain different Origin & Destination EU addresses
- Item must be taxable
- Added the Default Miscellaneous Code field in AvaTax configuration. You can now map the Default Miscellaneous Code as the tax code for a miscellaneous line in an invoice