Read older release notes to learn about the previous additions, changes, and fixes to AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015. For more detailed information about AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics GP, see the AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics GP guide.
See the latest release notes.
January 30, 2018
AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015 release 14.00.114.00
- Fixed the issue where sales transactions weren't posted from batches.
November 7, 2017
AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015 release 14.00.113.00
- For a drop-shipment order, the Purchase Address ID (i.e. the vendor address on the purchase order) is now used as the origin address for sales tax calculation
- Fixed the issue where sales tax wasn't calculated for an invalid ship-to address in a sales transaction
- Fixed the issue where an invoice couldn't be posted in a sales transaction entry as the GL distribution wasn't balanced properly
July 18, 2017
Updates and improvements in AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics GP release 14.00.112.00:
- Fixed the "Document was posted, but TotalAmount is out of balance" error that occurred after posting the documents in AvaTax
May 9, 2017
Updates and improvements in AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics GP release 14.00.111.00:
- Added consumer use tax functionality for payable batch entries
April 12, 2017
- Avalara release 14.00.110.00
- Fixed an issue where Microsoft Dynamics GP crashed while calculating sales tax using AvaTax due to certain environment settings
January 31, 2017
- Avalara release 14.00.109.00
- Fixed an issue that happened during tax calculation for a batch of Sales Order Processing transactions with multiple currency types
- Fixed an issue with Receivable Transaction Entry when an invalid tax code was assigned to a sales line
November 30, 2016
- Avalara release 14.00.108.00
- Validate your AvaTax account with only your Account Number and the License Key. The User Name and Password are now only required for creating a new Company.
- For a receivable transaction document, the item Description is now sent as the Item Code from Microsoft Dynamics GP to AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Fixed the issue where a blank Document Date was sent while posting the receivable batch. This issue occurred when the Posting Date From was selected as Transaction in the Posting Setup.
- Fixed the issue where the Print window didn't appear in a sales batch for the web client if the sales tax was calculated using AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Fixed the issue where the configuration settings reverted to default
- Fixed an issue with the cancel tax operation for sales orders
- Fixed the issue where the consumer use tax liability amount was incorrectly updated in the general ledger during a prepayment for payable transaction
September 15, 2016
- Avalara release 14.00.107.00
- In the Configure > General Options > Adapter Options section, added Extensive Logging option. If enabled, AvaTax activities are automatically logged and saved in a local log file.
- Changed the request time-out from seconds to milliseconds.
- Fixed the issue where the batch total for Cash Receipts entries was set to zero after sales tax was recalculated.
- Fixed the distribution error that occurred during the sales tax calculation for a batch of return invoices with negative sales tax.
- Fixed the data inconsistency issue in AVAWRK tables.
- Fixed the security error that occurred for users with limited access privileges.
June 15, 2016
- Avalara release 14.00.106.00
- Fixed the issue with the distribution of credit card payments after an order was transferred to invoice
February 12, 2016
- Avalara release 14.00.105.00
- A self-provisioning feature lets new users create an AvaTax account and company with a trial plan of 30-day without any assistance. On the Avalara Setup Assistant page, click Sign Up.
- Integration with Avalara's certificate management system. You can now request and retrieve exemption certificates.
- Fixed an issue where the payment term for a discount on the sales transaction entry was calculated for the invoice total amount instead of the respective payment term for that customer.
- Fixed an issue where the Tax Code shown in the Tax Inquiry window showed the tax code sent by Microsoft Dynamics GP instead of the tax codeshown in the Admin Console.
- Deletion of a sales batch in Microsoft Dynamics GP is now faster and more efficient
December 25, 2015
- Avalara release 14.00.104.00
- Now, you can choose to send the product code or UPC to AvaTax to control product taxability. By default, the product code is sent to AvaTax.
- Added consumer use tax functionality for payable transaction entries
- Added appropriate messages for reverse charge invoices that have transactions related to European countries. These messages appear in the Invoice Messaging at the document level for a transaction if the following conditions are true:
- Customer must have a Tax registration number
- The transaction must contain different Origin & Destination EU addresses
- Item must be taxable
- Added the Default Miscellaneous Code field in AvaTax configuration. You can now map the Default Miscellaneous Code as the tax code for a miscellaneous line in an invoice
- Fixed an issue with tax calculation for freight-only transactions
October 16, 2015
- Avalara release 14.00.103.00
- You can now use the batch utility to verify the tax charged by vendors on purchase invoices and receive transaction entries and post the accrued amount to Microsoft Dynamics GP
- You can now set up your AvaTax profile from the AvaTax Setup Assistant using the AvaTax Tax Profile Assistant
- Fixed an issue where the tax calculation for multi-currency sales tax invoices in a batch resulted in incorrect distribution
- Fixed the "AvaTax not being Installed. Please login with SA to Install AvaTax" error displayed for a non-SA user
- Fixed the tax rate table updation issue generated after the tax calculation process
May 29, 2015
- Avalara release 14.00.102.00
- Added consumer use tax feature: You are now able to verify the tax charged by vendors on purchase invoices and receive transaction entries and post the accrued amount to Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Fixed an error generated during the refund of a return invoice for a deposit
- Fixed an issue where tax was calculated for orders with a tax schedule other than AvaTax
December 19, 2014
- Avalara release 14.00.101.00
- AvaTax integration for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015