After you activate AvaTax and set up your company profile, install and configure AvaTax for your business application. During configuration, customize your setup to fit your unique business needs for things like:
- Tax calculation settings for various tax types
- Exemption settings if you have exempt customers
- Product taxability settings
Update these settings when your business needs change.
We recommend you contact Avalara Professional Services before you install and configure AvaTax for your business application for help with implementation.
Download the AvaTax integration for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Field Service
If you didn't already, download your integration software to connect your business application to AvaTax.
- In AvaTax, go to Settings > Integrations > Manage.
- Depending on your business application, do one of the following:
- Select See connector versions, select the most recent version, and then select Download.
- If you don't see a Download button, select Help and Support for detailed instructions. You may need to log in to your business application website before you see help documentation.
- If you downloaded a file, in your Downloads folder, right-click the .zip file and extract the installation folder or file (.exe or .pdf or .msi).
Install the AvaTax integration for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Field Service
- Log in to Microsoft Dynamics 365 Field Service as a System Customizer.
- Go to Settings > Solutions > Import and select the .zip file from AvaTax.
- Use the wizard to install AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Field Service.
The default settings for AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Field Service meet many customers needs. But don't let us stop you digging into things. If your business needs to fine-tune how AvaTax and Microsoft Dynamics 365 Field Service work together, change these settings any time you'd like.