If you have more than one company you'd like to have automatically sync transactions with Avalara for a particular online marketplace, set up Extractor for the additional companies after you set up the first one.
- You need a different company for each store on a marketplace. For example, if you have 2 stores with Amazon and you want to sync transactions for both, you need 2 companies in Avalara, 1 for each store.
- You can use extractors for multiple marketplaces to sync transactions for one company in Avalara. For example, if you have a company in Avalara called Example Co., you can sync transactions for Example Co. from both Amazon and Etsy. No need to create a new company in Avalara.
- You can use each extractor with as many companies in Avalara as you like. For example, if you purchase Extractor for Amazon and you have 5 companies in Avalara that you want to sync with each of 5 stores you have in Amazon, you can do that without purchasing multiple copies of Extractor for Amazon.
Before you begin
- In Avalara, go to Settings > Integrations.
- On the Manage tab, select Add another connection to Extractor below the other sync connections for the same marketplace.
For example, to set up Extractor for Amazon for an additional company, select Add another connection to Extractor for Amazon under the other Extractor for Amazon connections that have already been set up.
- Follow the prompts that display to finish setting up the sync, which includes the same steps used to set up Extractor for the first company.
We sync your transactions immediately. Depending on how many transactions need to sync, this initial sync can take a while.
Use the Extractor set up steps for the marketplace if you need more detailed help.
After the initial sync, your transactions automatically sync daily. Use the data source ID to find transactions imported from the company.
To check imported transactions for variance (any difference between tax we calculated and what your marketplace calculated), use one of the available reports.