This article applies to:Connector for Salesforce Sales Cloud
Salesforce Sales Cloud integrates directly with CertCapture and Exemptions, allowing you to add customers and their exemptions certificates from within Salesforce Sales Cloud.
Before you begin
Make sure Enable Tax Exemptions is turned on in configuration settings.
- In Salesforce Sales Cloud, open the account record of the customer you want to add to CertCapture or Exemptions and make sure it has:
- The billing and shipping addresses
- The customer’s email (optional but recommended)
- Select Save to AvaTax.
The record uploads to CertCapture or Exemptions, depending on which product you use, and an AvaTax Exemption Customer ID is added to the account record in Salesforce Sales Cloud.
- In the customer account record, in the Tax Exemption Certificates section, select New Tax Exemption Certificate.
- Enter the required information on the page that opens, and then select Save.
A tax exemption certificate record is created.
- Select Save Certificate.
The tax exemption certificate record is saved to your Avalara exemptions product.
- In the Files section, select Upload Files, browse to and select the .pdf or image file that contains the exemption certificate image, and then select Open.
The image is attached to the tax exemption record in Salesforce Sales Cloud.
- Select Upload Certificate, select the image to upload, and then select Upload.
The image uploads to your Avalara exemptions product, and transactions you create for the customer in the exemption zone you chose when creating this exemption will be exempted.
If you want to deactivate an exemption certificate at any time, on the tax exemption record, select Invalidate Certificate.
- To return to the tax exemption record, select Back.