This article applies to:Connector for Salesforce Lightning Order Management
After you install it, connect Salesforce Lightning Order Management to AvaTax.
Before you begin
Have your account number and license key with you.
- Sign in to Salesforce, open App Launcher, and select Avalara AvaTax. AvaTax Settings opens.
- From Select Sales Channel, select the site you're connected to in Salesforce.
- Enter the following under AvaTax Options:
- Tax Calculation - Enable to have AvaTax calculate tax on your transactions and sync the transactions with Avalara. We recommend enabling this option.
- Tax Inclusive - Enable to indicate that the prices of your items in Salesforce already include tax.
- Default Shipping Method Tax Code - Enter the tax code for your default shipping method. AvaTax uses this code if a line item doesn’t specify a shipping method.
- Sales Channel - Displays the site you selected previously.
- AvaTax Company - Select the company you set up in Avalara for the Salesforce site you selected previously.
- Customer Code - Select which information from the customer record is sent to AvaTax as the customer code. .
For guest customers, the email they enter is used
- Enter the address to use as the default ship-from address under Address Details.
- Enter the following under AvaTax Service Credentials, select Text Connection to confirm what you enter, and then select Save:
- Account Number - Enter your Avalara account number.
- License Key - Enter the license key we sent you in email.
- Environment - Select whether this is a sandbox or production account.