As long as you enable tax calculation and select AvaTax as the tax calculation method in your business application, AvaTax automatically calculates a sales or use tax rate on a variety of transaction types according to the taxability rules of those products (exempt customers aren't charged sales tax).
View sales tax on a transaction
- In Salesforce Lightning Order Management, open the transaction.
- On the Details tab, go to the Totals section.
- The tax calculated by AvaTax displays in Tax.
- Messages from us display in AvaTax Message.
View sales tax on a change order object
- In Salesforce Lightning Order Management, open the change order object and go to the Details tab. The tax calculated by AvaTax displays in Total Tax.