Automatic Tax Calculation in AvaTax for Salesforce CPQ is triggered using the Process Builder.
Process Builder in the Salesforce is basically an automated tool that allows you to control the order of actions or evaluate the criteria for a record. It has eight actions associated with it:
- Creating records
- Updating records
- Posting on Chatter
- Quick action
- Launching/triggering the flow
- Submitting the record automatically for approval
- Calling/triggering Apex code
- Invoking another process
Process Builder in Salesforce supports three types of processes for automation. These types determine what will trigger the process:
- A change in a record starts whenever the record is updated or created.
- An event process will start whenever an event message is received.
- An invocable process will start whenever another process requests for it.
To know more about Salesforce Process, refer Process builder
Automatic Tax Calculation
To calculate tax automatically in an Object, a process should exist on respective object with the below conditions:
- Choose Object and Specify When to Start the Process
- Choose object name: Object Name
- Start the process: When the record is created or edited.
- Define a criterion with condition Calculate Tax (a checkbox custom field) equals True.
Tax calculation on new record
- Create a new record with Calculate Tax (a checkbox custom field) equals true.
- Checkbox will trigger a Process; under a process an action will run asynchronously and update tax amount on record.
Tax calculation on existing record
- Edit an existing record with Calculate Tax (a checkbox custom field) equals true.
- Checkbox will trigger a Process, under a process an action will run asynchronously and update tax amount on record.