As long as you enable tax calculation and select AvaTax as the tax calculation method in your business application, AvaTax automatically calculates a sales or use tax rate on a variety of transaction types according to the taxability rules of those products (exempt customers aren't charged sales tax).
- Go to Tools > Utilities > Avalara AvaTax > Update, and then click SOP Tax Update Utility.
- Next to Document Type, select SOP (for sales order processing), AR (for accounts receivable), or Invoice.
- Next to Batch ID From and Batch ID To, click the Search icon, select a range of batch IDs to update, and then click Select.
- To limit recalculation only to batches in your selection with select document dates, next to Document Date From and Document Date To, click the Calendar icon and select a date range.
- Under Transaction Type, select the types of transactions to update in the batches, click Update, and then click Yes.
- In the Report Destination dialog box, under Report Type, select Screen, and then click OK.
- In the Results report, review the records to make sure they're the ones you wanted to update.