Assign customers to the AvaTax tax schedule so Microsoft Dynamics GP knows to use AvaTax to calculate tax for those customers. You may have already selected the AvaTax tax schedule for your customers during when you connected Microsoft Dynamics GP to AvaTax.
If you need to assign more than one customer to the AvaTax tax schedule, assign them in a batch.
- In Microsoft Dynamics GP, go to Cards > Sales > Customer.
- Open a customer record or create a new customer record.
- Next to Tax Schedule ID, select the Search icon.
- Select a tax schedule based on your preferences, and then select Insert:
- If you want sales tax for all taxable states to be in one general ledger (GL) account, select AVATAX.
- If you want to select a different GL account for each state, select AVATAX-M.