This article applies to:Connector for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales
Assign Avalara tax codes or custom tax codes to items your company sells. Choose whether to:
- Map products to Avalara tax codes in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales
In order to map products to Avalara tax codes in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales, first import the Avalara tax codes. Then map your products to these codes.
Import Avalara tax codes:
- Go to Settings > Extensions > AvaTax Type Codes.
- On the AvaTax Type Codes page, go to Import Data > Download Template for Import.
- Add Avalara tax codes to the template and save it.
- In Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales, go to Settings > Extensions > AvaTax Type Codes, and then click Import Data.
- Upload the file you created.
Map your products to Avalara tax codes:
- In Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales, select a product you want to map to an Avalara tax code, and go to the product details page.
- Enter an Avalara tax code that you imported in the tax code field.