After you activate AvaTax and set up your company profile, install and configure AvaTax for your business application. During configuration, customize your setup to fit your unique business needs for things like:
- Tax calculation settings for various tax types
- Exemption settings if you have exempt customers
- Product taxability settings
Update these settings when your business needs change.
We recommend you contact Avalara Professional Services before you install and configure AvaTax for your business application for help with implementation.
Download Connector for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales
If you didn't already, download your integration software to connect your business application to AvaTax.
- In AvaTax, go to Settings > Integrations > Manage.
- Depending on your business application, do one of the following:
- Select See connector versions, select the most recent version, and then select Download.
- If you don't see a Download button, select Help and Support for detailed instructions. You may need to log in to your business application website before you see help documentation.
- If you downloaded a file, in your Downloads folder, right-click the .zip file and extract the installation folder or file (.exe or .pdf or .msi).
Install Connector for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales
- Log in to Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales as a System Customizer.
- Go to Settings > Solutions > Import and select the .zip file from AvaTax.
- Use the wizard to install Connector for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales.
The default settings for Connector for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales meet many customers needs. But don't let us stop you digging in to things. If your business needs to fine-tune how AvaTax and Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales work together, change these settings any time you'd like.