This article applies to:Connector for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations
Follow the steps to validate addresses on the customer details page.
- In Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations, go to Modules > Customers > All Customers.
- Select a customer.
- Under the Addresses section, edit an address.
- On the Edit address page, select Address Validation.
- Select an engine to perform address validation. Two engine option displays If you have installed both AvaTax and Avalara AvaTax for Communications. In this case, select Use Avalara AvaTax for Communications Engine.
- Select OK.
- On the Address Validation page, the AFC Validated fields are updated:
PCode Code Avalara assigns to identify the geographic boundaries for the taxing jurisdiction. FIPS Code 10-digit Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) code to define the taxing jurisdiction.
- Select Accept once the address is successfully validated.