This article applies to:Connector for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations
If you created a customer without assigning them to AvaTax, update their sales tax group to make sure AvaTax is calculating sales tax for them. To assign many customers at once, assign customers to AvaTax in a batch.
- In Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations, go to Accounts Receivables > Customers > All Customers.
The Customer Master opens.
- Choose a customer and select Edit.
- In the Invoice and Delivery section, go to Sales Tax Group and choose one of the following tax schedules:
- Select AVATAX to set the origin address to be either your company address or the warehouse address. If you select this option, the service determines whether the sourcing is from the destination or the origin address.
- Select AVATAX-POD (Point of Destination) to set the tax calculation based on the destination address.
- Select AVATAX-POS (Point of Sale) to set the tax calculation based on the origin address.