Set up Extractor for Xero and authorize our connection to your Xero account. This lets you automatically sync your Xero transactions with Avalara so they're included on your returns.
If you have more than one company with Xero, add each company to your profile and set up Extractor for Xero for each additional company.
Before you begin
- Create your initial company.
- Turn off importing transactions from Xero to Avalara via connector if you're also using a connector and don't want duplicate transactions in Avalara.
If you exit setup before selecting a company, on the Extractor for Xero tile on the Manage tab, select Connect to Xero to sync transactions to return to setup.
If you exit setup after selecting a company but before finishing setup, the Extractor for Xero tile for the connection on the Manage tab displays a warning message. Select Connect on the tile to finish setup.
If you need to set up Extractor for Xero for an additional company, under other Extractor for Xero tiles on the Manage tab, select Add another connection to Extractor for Xero.
- In Avalara, go to Settings > Integrations.
- On the Add tab, select the tile for Extractor for Xero.
- Select Confirm to authorize adding the extractor to your account, as well as to authorize any indicated charge for the extractor.
After the initial sync, your transactions automatically sync daily. Use the data source ID to find transactions imported from the company.
To check imported transactions for variance (any difference between tax we calculated and what your marketplace calculated), use one of the available reports.