Read the release notes to learn about the latest additions, changes, and fixes to Connector for Stripe Invoicing.
Connector for Stripe Invoicing (2021 releases)
September 23, 2021
Fixed an issue with prorated subscriptions where when a prorated line was used in an invoice, the line amount reverted to its base price after tax calculation.
Fixed an issue with tax line item in Avalara sandbox environment where invoice total failed to add tax amount to the net amount.
September 10, 2021
Fixed an issue with Stripe invoices where the invoice amount was significantly reduced after tax calculation when quantity of an item was two or more.
September 7, 2021
- Implemented tax-inclusive invoicing for item price and line item.
An invoice now displays the taxes calculated on discounted and non-discounted items in a single line.
July 8, 2021
- Added the Address Validation feature to the configuration process of Connector for Stripe Invoicing.
- Mandated state address when creating a company in order to set economic nexus for collecting and remitting sales tax.
June 16, 2021
Fixed an issue with the LandedCosts feature where when creating an international transaction, AvaTax threw a warning stating “Missing HSCodes”. At the same time, AvaTax returned sales tax without adding it to the Stripe invoice.
Fixed an issue with tax calculation using Chilean Peso currency (CLP$). The amount was calculated by truncating the last two digits when adding back to Stripe. Thus it depreciated the calculated value by a magnitude of 100.
Stripe displayed the total amount (including tax) = $390,000
Webhook displayed the tax = $62,200
The tax line description displayed the tax = $622
AvaTax displayed the total amount = $3,899.31
Taxable amount = $3,277.31
Tax = $622.00
(Live audit rounded off the total amount as $3,900.00 which included a tax of $622.00.
June 2, 2021
Changed the process of user authorization for login and configuration purposes. Now Avalara authorizes Stripe users to log in to Connector. That means now you are required to use your AvaTax credentials only at the AvaTax end and not at the connector end.
March 18, 2021
- Added supporting logic to look at address fields in Stripe Invoicing when metadata isn't present.
- Added address validation for native fields.
Connector for Stripe Invoicing (2020 releases)
September 28, 2020
- Added pagination to results from all AvaTax calls (e.g., List Company, Reconciliation).
August 31, 2020
- You can now reconcile your Stripe Invoicing transactions with those posted to AvaTax using the new reconciliation utility.
July 13, 2020
- Metadata on recurring invoices is now passed to AvaTax.
- The ItemCode and TaxCode metadata on non-recurring invoices is now passed to AvaTax.
April 20, 2020
- Fixed an issue that occasionally resulted in timeouts with the Customer Update utility
- Fixed an issue that prevented discounts on invoices from being applied consistently
- Fixed an issue that caused an error message to display in the description field of a transaction when it's created by a user who isn't authorized to use Stripe Invoicing
March 19, 2020
- Validate buttons in Connector configuration only display when in edit mode, where they can actually be used
- Fixed an issue that limited the Update Customer view to 100 records
- Fixed an issue that caused meta-data not specific to AvaTax to be overwritten
- Fixed an issue that prevented refund requests from including the ItemCode and TaxCode metadata
- Fixed an issue that caused some draft invoices to fail to generate tax because of an invalid token
Connector for Stripe Invoicing (2019 releases)
October 31, 2019
- You can now use tiered pricing models with Connector for Stripe Invoicing.
March 15, 2019
- Fixed an issue where some invoices were not being sent to AvaTax
- Fixed an issue where some address fields were being sent to AvaTax blank (with no value)