You can automatically sync Shopify with TrustFile. To do so, authorize TrustFile connecting to Shopify.
- Log in to TrustFile, select Data Sources, and then select Shopify.
- Enter the name you want displayed for this connection in TrustFile.
- Select the initial transaction start date for transactions to synchronize, select Connect, and then select Authorize.
The start date should align with your current filing period requirements. Do not select a date farther back than what needs to be included on current returns.
- Use the window that displays to enter your Shopify store URL and log in to your Shopify account.
- Select Install App to establish the connection. A success message displays and the sync begins.
The initial sync can take some time, depending on how much information needs to be imported. If you don't see all of your transactions from Shopify in TrustFile within 24 hours, contact Avalara Support. After the initial sync, Shopify syncs daily.
Because of the way in which refunded orders are reported by Shopify, you can expect to see Alerts in your transactions imported into TrustFile. Learn more about the alerts.