Read the release notes to learn about the latest additions, changes, and fixes to AvaTax for QuickBooks Online.
AvaTax for QuickBooks Online (2020 releases)
September 14, 2020
- Fixed an issue that prevented tax from calculating on recurring invoices for some users
August 17, 2020
- Added support for Webhook Events.
June 22, 2020
- AvaTax for QuickBooks Online is now compatible with QuickBooks Online Advanced.
- You can now use the Reconciliation Utility to reconcile you QuickBooks Online transaction data with transactions posted in AvaTax.
January 22, 2020
- Fixed an issue that caused the sales tax line to be removed when a product or service was deleted
- Fixed an issue that caused sales tax lines to be duplicated
- Fixed an issue that caused a negative quantity on a credit memo to show as a positive quantity in AvaTax
- Fixed an issue that where tax calculation didn't trigger when importing records from Shopify
AvaTax for QuickBooks Online (2019 releases)
August 12, 2019
- Fixed an issue that caused the "Something went wrong" error to display when using a rate type of Services for some locations
June 24, 2019
- AvaTax for QuickBooks Online now does a better job parsing addresses entered directly into an invoice
- Fixed the issue that caused tax calculation to fail when the country was not included in the shipping address
- Fixed an issue that caused the Estimate Tax button to continue to display when AvaTax was disconnected
- Fixed an issue that caused the class to be deleted after sales tax calculation
- Fixed an issue that caused the "Something went wrong" error message to display for address errors
May 28, 2019
- AvaTax for QuickBooks Online now uses OAuth 2.0 for authorization tokens with Intuit services.
April 24, 2019
- Created a workaround for an issue in QuickBooks Online. You can now do real-time calculations in the backend so those calculations can be saved.
AvaTax for QuickBooks Online (2018 releases)
December 6, 2018
- You no longer need to select a company during setup if there's only one company in the account.
- Fixed the issue where special characters in the item description field in QuickBooks Online displayed as apostrophes in AvaTax.
- Fixed the issue that caused negative quantities and amounts on credit memos to be show as positive in AvaTax.
- Fixed the issue that caused the "Input string was not in a correct format" error when a credit memo was created.
October 28, 2018
- Added support for ReportingLocations
- Added the ability to integrate AvaTax for QuickBooks Online via QuickBooks Online Accountant both for firms and on behalf of clients.