Read the release notes to learn about the latest additions, changes, and fixes to AvaTax for QuickBooks Online.
AvaTax for QuickBooks Online (2020 releases)
January 22, 2020
- Fixed an issue that caused the sales tax line to be removed when a product or service was deleted
- Fixed an issue that caused sales tax lines to be duplicated
- Fixed an issue that caused a negative quantity on a credit memo to show as a positive quantity in AvaTax
- Fixed an issue that where tax calculation didn't trigger when importing records from Shopify
AvaTax for QuickBooks Online (2019 releases)
August 12, 2019
- Fixed an issue that caused the "Something went wrong" error to display when using a rate type of Services for some locations
June 24, 2019
- AvaTax for QuickBooks Online now does a better job parsing addresses entered directly into an invoice
- Fixed the issue that caused tax calculation to fail when the country was not included in the shipping address
- Fixed an issue that caused the Estimate Tax button to continue to display when AvaTax was disconnected
- Fixed an issue that caused the class to be deleted after sales tax calculation
- Fixed an issue that caused the "Something went wrong" error message to display for address errors
May 28, 2019
- AvaTax for QuickBooks Online now uses OAuth 2.0 for authorization tokens with Intuit services.
April 24, 2019
- Created a workaround for an issue in QuickBooks Online. You can now do real-time calculations in the backend so those calculations can be saved.
AvaTax for QuickBooks Online (2018 releases)
December 6, 2018
- You no longer need to select a company during setup if there's only one company in the account.
- Fixed the issue where special characters in the item description field in QuickBooks Online displayed as apostrophes in AvaTax.
- Fixed the issue that caused negative quantities and amounts on credit memos to be show as positive in AvaTax.
- Fixed the issue that caused the "Input string was not in a correct format" error when a credit memo was created.
October 28, 2018
- Added support for ReportingLocations
- Added the ability to integrate AvaTax for QuickBooks Online via QuickBooks Online Accountant both for firms and on behalf of clients.
September 11, 2018
- Improved user interface and experience
- Added a success message after integrating the connector for the first time
- Updated purchase flow for new customers
- Added the ability to sign up for an AvaTax account via buy.avalara.com
- Improvements to performance
- Fixed the "Product & Service not selected!" error for accounts whose having more than 15k line items
- Fixed the "Product or service Item Description" error thrown when a line item created on the fly
- Fixed an issue that where tax jurisdictions enabled in the Nexus/"Where do you collect taxes" page were not reflecting what was set in AvaTaxFixed an issue in which the customer, display, or project name was being inserted into the address field
- Fixed an issue in which address validations would occasionally fail when an addressee is on line 1 and/or 2
- Fixed an issue in which the incorrect tax amount in some case when display name is added to the address field
- Fixed an issue in which the sales tax calculation may be delayed after an address change
June 28, 2018
- Made some performance improvements on back end processing services (i.e. imported transactions).
- Fixed an issue where transactions with over 55 lines were not processing.
- Fixed an issue where some transactions would receive tax, but would not post to AvaTax.
- Fixed an issue in which some imported transactions were not calculating tax.
- Fixed an issue where imported transactions are were no longer posting to AvaTax.
May 3, 2018
- Improved security for http and https access
- Fixed an issue that resulting in an "object reference not set" error message when an invalid tax id was received.
- Fixed an issue when retrieving nexus resulting in an "Error occurred while fetching nexus please review the activity info" message.
March 6, 2018
- Customer addresses created more than 6 days ago won't be automatically validated
- Improved error messages for address errors
- Improved stability and performance
- Improved the new customer purchase flow
- Fixed an issue where using a negative quantity and amount resulted in a positive charge in AvaTax
- Fixed an issue where transactions that were voided or deleted weren't updated properly in AvaTax