This article applies to:AvaTax for QuickBooks Desktop
Set up Avalara AvaTax for automatic assessment of consumer use tax on transactions of your company and to display them in QuickBooks.
- On the AvaTax connector for QuickBooks, go to Settings > Consumer Use Tax.
- Turn the Auto assess on vendor bills toggle button on.
- Under Assessment configuration, select the following accounts and tax line item.
- From the Consumer use tax liability drop-down list, select the account to which you want to credit your vendor use liabilities.
- From the Debit account option drop-down list, select the account from which the consumer use tax accrual amount is to be debited. The valid options are Single Account and Inventory Account.
- If the Debit account in step 3.b is Single Account, from the Consumer use tax debit GL drop-down list, select the account to which the consumer use tax accrual amount is to be debited.
- If the Debit account in step 3.b is Inventory Account, skip this step.
- From the Vendor paid tax line item drop-down list, select the line item for which vendor use tax is to be configured.
When creating a return invoice, if you do not enter an amount for this selected line item, the vendor charged tax becomes 0 (zero).
- Under Vendors, turn on the toggle buttons next to the vendor names for whom you want to assess the consumer use tax.
To select all of the vendors on one page, click the Select All button. To deselect all of the selected vendors on one page, click the Deselect All button.