This article applies to:AvaTax for QuickBooks Desktop
Once you request an exemption certificate from a customer, you can check the status of your request.
- In QuickBooks Desktop, go to File > AvaTax > Utilities and then select Avalara CertCapture.
- Select the customer whose exemption certificate status you want to check.
- Go to the Retrieve Certificate Status tab to see a list of exemption certificates and their request status.
- REQUESTINITIATED means you sent the email, fax, or letter to the customer.
- CUSTOMERRESPONDED means the customer received the exemption certificate request and responded to it by entering the wizard, but hasn’t yet faxed the certificate.
- CERTIFICATERECEIVED means the customer faxed the certificate to CertCapture.
The Request Status can be Open or Closed.