Read the release notes to learn about the latest additions, changes, and fixes to AvaTax for QuickBooks Desktop.
AvaTax for QuickBooks Desktop (2019 releases)
March 15, 2019
- You can now create a test customer during initial setup
- AvaTax for QuickBooks Desktop is now compatible with QuickBooks Desktop 2020
- Improved error messaging
- Fixed an issue where items or services with a 0.00 price were listed as 0.00%
- Fixed an issue where entity/use codes lists weren't updated when the connector was upgraded
- Fixed an issue where the incorrect AvaTax company displayed after importing another company's data
- Fixed an issue that prevented changing the reconciliation date range after selecting an initial date range
- Fixed the issue that caused an "AvalaraEventCallback.exe has stopped working" error when attempting to export or print an AvaTax reconciliation report
AvaTax for QuickBooks Desktop (2018 releases)
December 21, 2018
- Added a tax item rollback utility. Use this utility to restore tax items to what they were before you installed AvaTax.
- Renamed the reconciliation window AvaTax Reconciliation
- Entity use code F is now "Religious Organization"
- Added entity use code M - "Educational Organization"
- Improved the AvaTax for QuickBooks Desktop setup wizard:
- Added a message to let you know when the setup wizard finishes
- Added buttons that make it easier to select/deselect tax items
- The window pops up on top of your desktop (now it won't get lost if you're using many apps at once)
- Fixed an issue that prevented tax calculation on the first transaction sent to AvaTax for some users
- Fixed an issue with the tax schedule that caused an error
- Fixed an issue with the Batch Address Validation utility that caused an error
- Fixed an issue with user permissions that resulted in a "StatusCode 3260" error
- Fixed an issue where tax was being calculated using different origin addresses for transactions with the same Site ID
August 21, 2018
- AvaTax for QuickBooks Desktop now compatible with QuickBooks Desktop 2019
- Added the ability pass a location code on a Purchase Invoice
- Removed the "Taxable Sales by COGS" tax code TCG
- Fixed an issue that caused a blank error message to display when adding a customer to CertCapture
- Fixed an issue where overcharge and undercharge calculation were not triggering when attempting to assess consumer use tax
- Fixed an issue where the "revenue account" value is blank due to the "Send Item Account To AvaTax" flag being set as 'False'
- Fixed an issue where an unhandled exception error could occur when the AvaTax preferences menu was opened
- Fixed an issue that could result in files being deleted from the Avalara bin folder after a "AvaTax has Stopped Working" error
- Fixed an issue in which a credit memo created using "AvaTax Sales Tax Only Adjust" would post $0.00 in sales tax
- Fixed an issue where the Destination/ShipTo address was not consistently being set when the AvaTax-POS tax code is used
- Fixed an issue where a user was unable to validate credentials after upgrading to v.86.xx
- Fixed an issue in which a "Connection Test failed" was being displayed after using connector v86.01 AvaTax preferences menu
April 13, 2018
- Fixed an issue where the initial tax calculation after starting QuickBooks Desktop was taking longer than expected.
March 30, 2018
- AvaTax is now compatible with QuickBooks Desktop 2018
- Added a configuration option to toggle automated Error List pop-up
- Added a configuration option to resume calculation after an address validation error when there's still enough information for calculation (i.e. when zip code is present)
- Added a utility to update tax items
- Renamed "Disable tax calculation" to "Disable automatic tax calculation"
- Improved labels for exemption certificate settings
- Improved error messaging in customer exemptions settings
- Fixed an issue where some users received an invalid certificate error
- Fixed an issue where special characters were incorrectly encoded when records were imported from another source
- Fixed an issue when creating a tax only credit memo that caused some users to receive a "You must enable Tax Adjustment functionality in configuration settings" message to display
- Fixed an issue in the reconciliation function that resulted in some customers receiving an "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error
- Fixed an issue where discounts mapped to the tax code NT were being sent to AvaTax as taxable