Set up Extractor for Magento and authorize our connection to your Magento account. This lets you automatically sync your Magento transactions with Avalara so they're included on your returns.
If you have more than one company with Magento, add each company to your profile and set up Extractor for Magento for each additional company.
If you exit setup before selecting a company, on the Extractor for Magento tile on the Manage tab, select Connect to Magento to sync transactions to return to setup.
If you exit setup after selecting a company but before finishing setup, the Extractor for Magento tile for the connection on the Manage tab displays a warning message. Select Connect on the tile to finish the setup.
If you need to set up Extractor for Magento for an additional company, under other Extractor for Magento tiles on the Manage tab, select Add another connection to Extractor for Magento.
Before you begin
- Create your initial company.
- If you're using another integration to import transactions from marketplaces Magento is aggregating and don't want duplicate transactions in Avalara, turn off importing transactions from those marketplaces via the other integration.
- In Avalara, go to Settings > Integrations.
- On the Discover new integrations tab, under Add extractors, select the tile for Extractor for Magento.
- On the Choose connection details screen, complete the following and then select Connect.
- Select the company in Avalara to which you want to add Magento transactions.
- Select the transaction date to use as the start date for synchronizing.
The start date should align with your current filing period requirements and not be earlier than what needs to be included on current returns. The extractor will sync all transactions from that date through the day you set up the extractor.
- If the company you chose is enrolled in an SST program, read the information that displays about handling calculation differences and then select I understand.
- A pop-up window will appear with instructions directing you to Magento to establish the connection.
- Copy & Paste the Magento Store URL, Consumer Key, Consumer Secret, Access Token, and Access Token Secret into the pop-up window and click Connect Store.
- Once you receive the Success message the sync will begin.
Note: The initial sync can take some time depending on how much information needs to be imported. If you do not see all of your transactions from Magento in AvaTax within 24 hours please reach out to Avalara Support. After the initial sync Magento will sync every 6 hours.
After the initial sync, your transactions automatically sync daily. Use the data source ID to find transactions imported from the company.
To check imported transactions for variance (any difference between tax we calculated and what your marketplace calculated), use one of the available reports.