Set up tax-related attributes for your product. These attributes capture important product information required to calculate the sales tax accurately.
- Sign in to the Magento admin console.
- Go to Catalog > Products.
You can add a new product or edit an existing one.
- On the Product Information page, go to AvaTax.
- Enter the Item Code of the product.
- Provide the Harmonized System (HS) Code of the product.
In certain cases for multiple items with different HS codes, you must define the required tax code in the Tax Code field of the product attributes in the Magento admin console.
- Enter the Tax Code of the product, if available.
Enter the required tax code here when you have multiple items with different HS codes.
- Select the Item Source of the product from the given options.
- Select the Item Type of the product from the given options.
- Enter the Tax substitution classification code, if available, and then select Save.