Set up Extractor for BigCommerce and authorize our connection to your BigCommerce account. This lets you automatically sync your BigCommerce transactions with Avalara so they're included on your returns.
If you have more than one company with BigCommerce, add each company to your profile and set up Extractor for BigCommerce for each additional company.
If you exit setup before selecting a company, on the Extractor for BigCommerce tile on the Manage tab, select Connect to BigCommerce to sync transactions to return to setup.
If you exit setup after selecting a company but before finishing setup, the Extractor for BigCommerce tile for the connection on the Manage tab displays a warning message. Select Connect on the tile to finish setup.
If you need to set up Extractor for BigCommerce for an additional company, under other Extractor for BigCommerce tiles on the Manage tab, select Add another connection to Extractor for BigCommerce.
Before you begin
- Create your initial company.
- If you're using another integration to import transactions from marketplaces BigCommerce is aggregating and don't want duplicate transactions in Avalara, turn off importing transactions from those marketplaces via the other integration.
- In Avalara, go to Settings > Integrations.
- On the Add tab, select the tile for Extractor for BigCommerce.
- Select Confirm to authorize adding the extractor to your account, as well as to authorize any indicated charge for the extractor.
- On the Choose connection details screen, complete the following and then select Next.
- Select the company in Avalara to which you want to add BigCommerce transactions.
- Select the transaction date to use as the start date for synchronizing.
The start date should align with your current filing period requirements and not be earlier than what needs to be included on current returns. The extractor will sync all transactions from that date through the day you set up the extractor.
- If the company you chose is enrolled in an SST program, read the information that displays about handling calculation differences and then select I understand.
- Enter the requested information in the BigCommerce authorization window that displays and then select Connect Store.
Your BigCommerce transactions sync immediately. Depending on how many transactions need to sync, this initial sync can take a while.
After the initial sync, your transactions automatically sync daily. Use the data source ID to find transactions imported from the company.
To check imported transactions for variance (any difference between tax we calculated and what your marketplace calculated), use one of the available reports.