If you're using Avalara Extractor for Amazon with Returns, use the link we sent you to set up and use your extractor.
There are two ways to get transactions from Amazon into TrustFile:
- Automatically sync Amazon with TrustFile. To set up automatic sync, you need to authorize TrustFile connecting to Amazon.
- Import transactions into TrustFile using file upload.
Find more resources for Amazon sellers via the TrustFile Help Center homepage.
Steps to authorize TrustFile connecting to Amazon
- Log in to TrustFile, select Data Sources, and then select Amazon.
If you previously started a connection but didn't complete it, select Authorize next to the connection.
- Re-name the connection if you have multiple storefronts that you need to connect.
- Select the initial transaction start date for transactions to synchronize, select Connect, and then select Authorize.
The start date should align with your current filing period requirements. Do not select a date farther back than what needs to be included on current returns.
- Use the instructions that display to navigate to Amazon Seller Central and get the Seller ID and MWS Authentication Token needed to establish the connection.
You must be able to log into Seller Central as the primary user to complete the authorization.
- Enter the information from Seller Central and then select Submit. The sync begins.
The initial sync can take up to 24-48 hours to complete if you have a large number of transactions that need to be imported. After the initial sync, Amazon syncs daily.
- If you have multiple storefronts, repeat steps 1-4 for each Amazon storefront you have.
Steps to import transactions into TrustFile using file upload
- Sign in to your Merchant Account on Seller Central.
- From the Reports menu, select Date Range Reports, and then select Generate Report. The Generate Date Range Report dialog box opens.
- Make sure Transaction is selected for report type.
- Select Custom, and then choose start (From) and end (To) dates.
When setting the end date, be sure not to specify a date that still has open activity associated with it.
- Select Generate. A message confirms that the report is being compiled.
- When the report is complete, select Download and save the report as a csv file.