This article applies to:AvaTax for Salesforce Sales Cloud
Before you map items to Avalara tax codes, you need to create them in AvaTax. The quickest way is to upload many at once.
- In Salesforce Sales Cloud, go to Products, select any view under Product Views, and then select Go.
- Select products to which you want to assign tax codes based on their current state, and then select Upload AvaTax Tax Code.
- If you want to assign Avalara tax codes to products that don't currently have one, select those products under Assign Tax Code.
- If you want to change the Avalara tax codes of products that already have them, select those products under Override Tax Code.
- Enter a type of tax code or product to get a list of existing tax codes and select the tax code you want to apply.
- Select the items from the list to which you want to apply that tax code and then select Save.