This article applies to:AvaTax for Salesforce Sales Cloud
To map an item to a universal product code (UPC), first enable UPCs, and map UPCs to product codes.
- Enable UPCs in Salesforce Sales Cloud.
- In Salesforce Sales Cloud, go to Setup > Search Install Packages.
- Next to AvaTax for Salesforce Sales Cloud, select Configure.
- Select the Advanced Settings tab, and toggle Enable UPC Code As Item Code (this is turned off by default when you install the AvaTax integration software).
After enabling this setting, the product code is used as the UPC
- Map UPCs to product codes as needed in Salesforce Sales Cloud.