This article applies to:AvaTax for Salesforce CPQ
AvaTax for Salesforce CPQ works with the suggested default settings. But you can adjust them any time based on your company's business needs.
- In Salesforce CPQ, select Setup.
- Under Home, search for and select Installed Packages.
- On the Installed Packages page, select Configure next to the AvaTax for Salesforce CPQ package.
The AvaTax for Salesforce CPQ page opens and the Account Credentials tab is selected.
- On the Advanced Settings tab, review the following and make changes where needed.
- Save Transactions To AvaTax: Post order transactions to AvaTax.
- Enable Tax Calculation: Use AvaTax to calculate tax.
- Enable Address Validation: Use AvaTax to validate addresses.
- Disable AvaTax Triggers: This pauses communication between Salesforce CPQ and AvaTax.
- Enable AvaTax Exemptions: Use Exemptions or CertCapture from within Salesforce CPQ.
When this is enabled, after you add a customer record to Exemptions or CertCapture:
- The Avalara-generated customer ID overwrites anything in the AvaTax Exemption Customer ID field.
- Avalara uses the value in AvaTax Exemption Customer ID as the customer code even if you previously selected another field to use as customer code.