Setting up AvaTax to automate tax calculations for your business involves four essential milestones, plus a fifth if you're setting up Returns. Each milestone links to detailed step-by-step instructions to help you successfully complete each one.
- Create a company profile.If you haven't already, or if you want to add an additional company, start by telling us a little about your company and where you're registered to collect and pay tax.
- Connect Salesforce B2C Commerce QuickStart to AvaTax.Get your transactions flowing to AvaTax for automated sales tax calculation.
- Fine-tune your company profile.Adjust product taxability and learn about options for exempting customers.
- Test your setup.Preview tax calculations and make sure the connection is working.
- Set up Returns.Complete this milestone only if you purchased Returns.
- If you're using Returns for Small Business, schedule your returns.
- If you're using any other version of Returns, import transactions if needed, schedule your returns, and send them to our compliance team for review.
For customers with AvaTax sandbox accounts: After you set up and test your account, contact your implementation specialist or the Avalara Customer Center for help copying your setup to your production account.