Avalara tax codes aren't just for refining the product taxability of the products and services you sell. You can also use them to adjust the tax calculation for a variety of shipping options.
Before you begin
See the guidelines for mapping items to tax codes if you aren't sure whether to map items in your business application or in AvaTax.
- In QuickBooks Desktop, go to File > AvaTax > Preferences.
- Select Taxability > Shipping and complete the following:
- Select the appropriate term from the Shipping Terms list.
- Select the code you want to associate with that term from the Freight Tax Code list.
- Select Add.
- Repeat this process for as many shipping terms as necessary.