This article applies to:Avalara AvaTax for NetSuite
Create a tax code to assign to your customers in the U.S. Then, assign the tax code in the Tax Item field on customer records. The steps are slightly different if you have customers in Canada.
- In NetSuite, go to Setup > Accounting > Tax Codes > New.
- Select United States.
The Tax Code page opens.
- Fill in the following:
- Tax Name: Enter AVATAX.
- Display Name/Code: Enter Sales Tax.
- Rate: Enter 0.00.
- (NetSuite OneWorld only) Subidiaries: Select one subsidiary per tax code. Create more tax codes to calculate tax for multiple subsidiaries.
- Tax Agency: Select Avalara.
If Avalara isn't on the list, select + to add it, and enter the following information:
- Company Name: Enter Avalara.
- Category: Select Tax Agency.
- Select Save
- Tax Account: Select the tax control account where payable sales tax should accrue. If you haven't set up a tax control account, create one in NetSuite. Then come back and repeat these steps.
- Select Save.