AvaTax for NetSuite OneWorld (2018 releases)
May 11, 2018
- Fixed an issue for some users that were experiencing "Unexpected error" messages when editing a Credit Memo.
- Fixed an issue that would result in a "Please choose an item to add" error message when editing a sub-tab other than the item.
April 23, 2018
- Fixed an issue when fetching shipping address values (e.g. shipcity) was taking longer than expected.
January 30, 2018
- Fixed the issue that was causing the exemption certificate number to be overwritten on the customer master record when you created a transaction through the web store
- Fixed the issue where tax wasn't recalculated when a custom discount was applied while creating a transaction through the SCIS module
- Fixed the issue that was causing a SuiteScript error when accessing AvaTax configuration
January 9, 2018
- Fixed the issue that caused a "Script Execution Usage Limit Exceeded" error when saving transactions
- Fixed the issue that caused a "Taxcode is not defined" error when saving transactions
AvaTax for NetSuite OneWorld (2017 releases)
December 29, 2017
- You can now use invoice addresses to calculate taxes for returns by enabling Use invoice address for tax calculation on returns in AvaTax configuration
- Fixed the issue where tax wasn't calculated on invoices with more than 100 billable items
November 20, 2017
- Fixed the issue where tax wasn't recalculated after applying a header-level discount when a transaction was created through the SCIS module
October 25, 2017
- Improved consumer use tax feature:
- You can now select the tax accrual date
- Fixed the issue where the location/class/department details weren't added in the journal entry for the corresponding accrual amount
- Fixed the issue where the Ship-To entity/use code wasn't sent to AvaTax to calculate the shipping and handling charges for transactions with Item Line Shipping option enabled
- Fixed the issue where the sales tax wasn't updated after items were removed from the shopping cart
- Fixed the issue where the log in to AvaTax failed if the credentials included a special character
August 10, 2017
- Fixed the issue where tax wasn't correctly calculated for returns created using SuiteCommerce InStore (SCIS)
August 3, 2017
- You can now add the vendor-paid sales tax as an item amount in a purchase transaction. From Avalara Configuration > Consumer Use Tax / Input VAT > Item for Tax Paid to Vendor, select the item that represents the vendor-paid sales tax. This item amount is treated as the vendor-paid sales tax and used to compare with the tax calculated by AvaTax.
- The purchase transaction is now committed to AvaTax only after a journal entry is created for the accrued amount
- Fixed the issue where the phone number details field was blank after the address was verified
- Fixed the issue where the exemption number was visible on the customer record even after it was deleted and the record was saved
April 18, 2017
April 3, 2017
- Fixed the issue where the Exemption Certificate No. in the customer master wasn't updated from the Mass Update utility or through CVS import
- Fixed the issue where the Entity/Use Code on a transaction wasn't updated when processed through Suitelet
- Fixed the "[Ljava.lang.String;@5a454f36" error that occurred while creating a reconciliation batch
- Fixed the infinity discount error that occurred when a 100% discount was applied to a transaction that had Tax Included enabled
- Fixed the issue where the invoice applied to a credit memo was unselected after saving. This issue was identified for credit memos that had Sales Tax Adjustment enabled.
- Fixed the error that occurred while saving a quote
AvaTax for NetSuite OneWorld (2016 releases)
October 17, 2016
- Fixed the issue where tax wasn't recalculated after the shipping method was changed in transactions that were created from the webstore
October 6, 2016
- Fixed the issue where transactions with header-level discounts couldn't be saved if the Tax Included feature was enabled
September 30, 2016
- Fixed the issue where tax wasn't recalculated after an Order Based Promotion was applied to transactions that were created from the webstore
September 15, 2016
- Added Extensive Logging option in Avalara > Setup > Configure Avalara > General tab. If enabled, the configuration changes are recorded in the logs.
- Fixed the issue where the entity use code didn't change when the transaction address was changed using the webservices
- Fixed the issue where on validation of the address in the customer master, the Attention field was cleared automatically
- Fixed the issue with population of the shipping address from the subsidiary master. The shipping address populates in AvaTax Configuration after the Subsidiary record is edited and saved.
August 25, 2016
- The shipping and handling charges can now include the tax amount. Added the Shipping Tax Included option in the Shipping tab of a transaction. To use this option, ensure that the Tax Included option on the Item tab is also enabled.
June 30, 2016
- Added the Accrue Consumer Use Tax When a Vendor Bill is Approved option in the consumer use tax configuration
- Delete a shipping code
May 16, 2016
- Fixed the issue where you couldn't adjust the sales tax adjustment while creating a credit memo from an existing invoice
- Fixed the issue where the custom address in a transaction wasn't replaced with the validated address after the address validation
- Fixed the reference errors generated while trying to create an order from the webstore
April 15, 2016
- Configure the line level ship-to in a credit memo using Enable Item Line Shipping option.
March 30, 2016
- Added the Is Seller Importer of Record option to transactions. The Importer of Record is party to the transaction that facilitates the import of the goods into the Destination country. Specifically, the Importer of Record will be responsible for the goods and the custom duties and tax payable upon import. The Importer of Record is therefore liable for collecting the Import VAT applicable to the goods at Destination.
- Export the reconciliation batch details in .csv format for a batch that has processed up to 5000 records
- Receive an alert message while saving transactions if the fields required for tax calculation are not available
- Send Item names up to 50 characters long from NetSuite OneWorld to AvaTax for NetSuite OneWorld
March 3, 2016
- Compatible with NetSuite 2016.1
- A self-provisioning feature lets new users create an AvaTax account and company with trial plan of 30 day without any assistance. On the Configure Avalara page, click Sign up.
- Added the Override AvaTax Tax Code option. You can now choose to override your assigned AvaTax System Tax Code for non-taxable items. In the Configure Avalara > General tab, enable Override AvaTax Tax Code to send NT as the tax code for all non-taxable items. If this option is disabled, the assigned AvaTax System Tax Code is sent for an item.
- Validate the Return Address, mentioned in Setup > Company > Locations > Location, through the Avalara > Address Validation > Validate Records batch utility
- Fixed the issue where the sub-location address wasn't validated even if the Include Sub-location(s) option was enabled in the Avalara > Address Validation > Validate Records batch utility
- Fixed an issue where sales tax was calculated even for an invoice with an empty tax code field
January 20, 2016
- Set up Avalara configuration and click Nexus Setup. for existing companies. Go to
- Fixed the issue where sales tax was not calculated for invoices when the Expense Reports feature was disabled
- Fixed the issue where only the customer id was sent from NetSuite to AvaTax for the following conditions:
- In Avalara Configuration, the Customer ID/Name option was selected in the Customer Code field
- In the Set Up Auto-Generated Numbers configuration, the Allow Override option was selected for Type as Customer
- Fixed an issue where the tax wasn't calculated when the tax code name AvaTax was appended with the country name or country code
- Fixed an issue where the Accounts Payable vendor bills weren't saved when the location feature in NetSuite was disabled
AvaTax for NetSuite OneWorld (2015 releases)
December 16, 2015
- Fixed the "AvaTax Production credentials cannot be used in test environment(s)" error generated while calculating sales tax on transactions in a NetSuite OneWorld sandbox account
December 9, 2015
- Faster configuration: The new Setup Assistant walks a new user through all the essential configuration steps
- Create the address validation batch based on a customer's initials
Fixed the issue where uncommitted transactions were posted on the AvaTax
Fixed the issue where the shipping tax was not applied for Canadian transactions
Fixed the "You cannot edit the end of group line" error generated while saving a transaction having a group item
- Fixed the "Cannot find function getDetails in object" error generated during execution of the Create Recalculation Batch process
- Process the Reconciliation utility with up to 40000 transactions
- Fixed the issue where tax calculation was incorrect for Canadian transactions with Tax Code as AVATAX-CAN
- Fixed an issue where the Addressee value automatically populates with the Customer Name after an address validation
- Fixed an issue where the tax amount in a locked transaction in AvaTax changed to 0 if it was edited
October 6, 2015
- Fixed the "Partner information cannot be passed to service as the required features are not enabled"' message displayed when you selected the Customer ID / Name option for Customer Code on AvaTax configuration
- Fixed the issue where a credit memo, created from an existing invoice, failed to save when the tax code was selected as Non-AvaTax
- Fixed the issue where the tax code Not-Taxable did not override the AvaTax item tax code for an item on an invoice
- Fixed the "Cannot read property '0' of undefined" error generated while saving a sales order
- Fixed the issue where the exemption certificate number from the customer master was not used for exempting a customer from sales tax
July 30, 2015
- Compatible with NetSuite 2015.2
- Revised URLs not compatible with NetSuite OneWorld
July 2, 2015
- Added Sales Tax Adjustment feature for credit memos. In a credit memo, for a non-inventory item, a sales tax adjustment, with line amount as 0 and the tax amount in the Tax Credit, the Tax Credit amount is processed as the tax amount for tax adjustment.
- You can now export the address validation batch details in .csv format when you validate multiple addresses at the same time
- Fixed an issue with freight tax for Canadian transactions
- Fixed the "null value" error generated while saving a quote or creating/editing an invoice
- Fixed the "This Document has not used AvaTax Services for Tax Calculation. UseTax Assessment is disabled in Configuration Settings" warning message displayed for all vendors when the Use Tax Assessment feature was disabled. This warning will now be displayed only if the Use Tax Assessment feature is enabled for a vendor but disabled in AvaTax configuration
May 15, 2015
April 30, 2015
- Added Input VAT functionality. You can now enable Input VAT verification on vendor bills.
- For tax calculation, NetSuite now sends latitude and longitude details along with the address
April 2, 2015
- Added appropriate messages in reverse charge invoices that have transactions in European countries. These messages appear in the Invoice Messaging at the document level for a transaction if the following conditions are true:
- Customer must have a Tax registration number
- The Transaction must contain different Origin & Destination EU addresses
- Item must be taxable with tax code type of Physical/Service/Digital
- To print the invoice message, add the invoice messaging field to the PDF layout form.
- You can now change the entity / use code at the line level for Credit Memo, Return Authorization, and Cash Refund
- You can now disable the tax calculation feature for Sales Order and Quotes
- Address validation batch utility validates address for United States and Canada only. Other country addresses will not be considered
- Fixed the "Tax Calculation call to AvaTax Service failed. Please contact the administrator" issue shown during creation of a transaction
February 12, 2015
- Added consumer use tax feature. You are now able to calculate tax on vendor bills and vendor credits
- Fixed an error displayed during execution of scheduled automated script for
- Fixed an error experienced during approval of sales orders and return authorizations
- You can now send special characters as a part of the tax registration number during tax calculation
AvaTax for NetSuite OneWorld (2014 releases)
December 10, 2014
- Removed the warning message shown on transactions for subsidiaries without a tax code in AvaTax configuration.
- You can now exempt transactions for non-taxable customers
- Users without administrator rights can view the tax details for a transaction by clicking on the document number on the AvaTax tab
- You can map to custom addresses for a transaction
- The Valid Address (AvaTax) checkbox displays the status of in the customer master
October 31, 2014
- Now you can send a transaction number from NetSuite OneWorld to AvaTax and use it to match documents. This number is displayed in AvaTax as ReferenceCode
- Now you can use when you process transactions via comma-separated values and Web Services
- Now you can process tax calculations through Workflow Action scripts
- Fixed issue caused during tax calculation process for Japan subsidiary and UK subsidiary
- Now you can abort transactions processed through Workflow Action Scripts if you find incomplete data or other tax-calculation errors while saving
- Now you can send an auto-generated number from NetSuite to either CertCapture or Certs for identifying the certificate
- Fixed errors caused by empty fields
- Fixed mismatched transaction amounts in non-taxable documents
September 5, 2014
- This release fixes a problem that some users had when they used AvaTax for NetSuite OneWorld with other customizable NetSuite OneWorld bundles.
August 20, 2014
- Now you can from the customer master record.
July 18, 2014
- Now you can save a $0 transaction
March 28, 2014
- Added Request exemption certificate and Add customer to CertCapture buttons
January 27, 2014
AvaTax for NetSuite OneWorld (2013 releases)
December 13, 2013
- You can now send the Customer ID along with an auto-generated number to AvaTax.
September 25, 2013
August 6, 2013
July 9, 2013
- Tax Included Option: Tax Included Option is no available to include tax in the item price. When set, the Tax amount will calculated on an amount that the item price minus the applicable tax.
- Tax Included Capability Checkbox in AvaTax Configuration: By checking this feature you will be able to use Tax Included option at Transaction Level.
- Tax Include Checkbox at Transaction Level: Tax Include Checkbox will be visible only when you check Tax Included Capability feature in AvaTax Configuration. Tax include checkbox will let you save the item price either as tax inclusive or tax exclusive. To save the base price as the tax inclusive price, place a check mark on the Tax Include box. To save the base price as the tax exclusive price, clear the Tax Include box.
- Tax Calculation for Canadian Customer and Non-Canadian Subsidiary: You will get correct value for GST and PST Tax fields upon saving and editing the transaction with Canadian Customer in case of a Non-Canadian Subsidiary.
June 25, 2013
June 3, 2013
April 9, 2013
March 19, 2013
March 4, 2013