Read the release notes to learn about the latest additions, changes, and fixes to AvaTax for NetSuite OneWorld.
All supported versions of AvaTax for NetSuite OneWorld are now compatible with NetSuite 2018.2
AvaTax for NetSuite OneWorld (2020 releases)
July 6, 2020
- Added support for SuiteScript 2.0 authentication via a secret key. After you upgrade to version 6.2 or later of this connector, if you haven't entered a secret key, you'll be prompted to enter one when you go to Avalara > Setup > Configure Avalara.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the "Invalid custbody_avalara_status reference key 3" error in SCIS when updating the bundle.
May 25, 2020
- The Tax Override field on transactions is now called Tax Amount Override.
- Utility scripts, such as the Recalculate Batches and Reconciliation utilities, are now built with SuiteScript 2.0.
- Fixed an issue that caused a "Cannot read property" error to display on cash sales in SCIS when Disable Location Code was enabled.
- Fixed an issue that caused tax not to be calculated when a gift card was applied during a refund in SCIS.
- Fixed an issue that caused tax not to be recalculated for returns in SCIS during a tax-free weekend.
April 6, 2020
- We updated scripts not involved in tax calculation (e.g. Address Validation) to SuiteScript 2.0
- Fixed an issue that caused fields to not properly display in columns when exporting an Address Validation batch
February 24, 2020
- You can now issue a tax-only refund from a cash sale
January 7, 2020
- Tax calculation is now triggered when a promotion code is added in SCIS
- Fixed an issue where clearing the Taxable option on a customer record resulted in an "AVA_AddressIdDelete is not defined" error.
- Fixed an issues where NetSuite Tran. No on the AvaTax Committed Transactions List was blank
- Fixed an issue that caused some credit memos to be stuck processing when the Zip and State field values were removed during a return and exchange in SCIS.
- Fixed an issue where tax was not being calculated when a shipping cost was added in SCIS
AvaTax for NetSuite OneWorld (2019 releases)
October 25, 2019
- AvaTax for NetSuite OneWorld now supports closed periods to prevent tax calls when the NetSuite OneWorld period is closed
July 8, 2019
- Added a workflow script to commit transactions in AvaTax
- Added support for accepted/rejected workflows
- You can now submit a tax override on transactions
- AvaTax for NetSuite OneWorld is now better optimized for use with SuiteCommerce In-Store
- Added support for additional tendering states in SCIS
- You no longer need to use a username and password when logging in
- You can now include more items in service item look up
- You can now choose to pass the value in the Customer External ID field as the customer code
- Fixed an issue that caused US-based calculation under a Canadian subsidiary to display only the county tax
- Fixed an issue that caused a "custpage_ava_entityusecodelist contained more than the maximum number characters allowed" error to occur when too many addresses were associated with an entity/use code
- Fixed an issue that caused an incorrect freight address to display
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Tax Included checkbox from working
February 27, 2019
- You can now assign customers created in SuiteCommerce In-Store to the AVATAX tax code by default.
AvaTax for NetSuite OneWorld (2018 releases)
December 7, 2018
- Reduced the time to update our entity/use code list when a change occurs.
- Fixed an issue where long entries in the Address Line 1 field prevented calculations.
- Fixed an issue that caused the AvaTax Reconcile Batch utility to hang when the target end date didn't contain any transactions.
October 12, 2018
- User Defined Fields (UDF1, UDF2) are now stored values
- You can now view and edit User Defined Fields (UDF1, UDF2) from items on transactions
- Performance improvements
- Fixed an issue in which the AvaTax tab did not display header level information on the transaction record
August 31, 2018
- AvaTax for NetSuite OneWorld now compatible with NetSuite OneWorld 2018.2
- Pass header location as ReportingLocation when present
- Performance and stability improvements
- Fixed an issue where sales tax does not display in web store properly
- Fixed an issue where a transaction would continue to save when the "Abort Save Operation on Tax Calculation Errors for Web Services" option was enabled
- Fixed an issue where the error “Cannot read property ‘0’ of undefined” is thrown when creating an invoice
- Fixed an issue where AvaTax was failing to calculate tax due to an "Unknown Country" error when the Republic of Korea is selected
August 10, 2018
- Fixed an issue where a sales order that includes VAT triggered a "This Document has not used AvaTax Services on Sales Order save" error message.
June 26, 2018
- Fixed an issue where VAT calculation was not occurring for subsidiaries attempting to calculate in multiple countries.