Read the release notes to learn about the latest additions, changes, and fixes to AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2018 RTM
- AvaTax is now compatible with Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2018 CU30.
April 3, 2020
- You can now apply an entity/use code at the line level.
- You can now choose whether to show jurisdiction details for each line on the Avalara Statistics page. For transactions with many lines, choosing not to show these details can reduce the time it takes for the page to populate.
- Improved some error message text to make it more meaningful.
- A sales order can now have a 100% discount.
- System integration document
- Fixed an issue that caused an address validation error message to display when Country/Region Code was blank.
- Fixed an issue that prevented AvaTax from working when Application Area was enabled.
- Fixed an issue that was causing some issues with databases when processing prepayments.
AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2017 RTM
March 19, 2021
- Fixed issues that caused "Missing in AvaTax" and "Amount Mismatch" messages to display during reconciliation of prepayments, as well as preventing reconciliation of the prepayment and final settlement of the invoice.
AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 RTM
April 12, 2019
- You can now set an amount threshold for consumer use tax assessment
- You can now assign an Avalara entity/use code at the line level on orders and invoices
- You can now schedule the asynchronous posting process
- Removed the Cancel button from the address validation process
- You can now pass the document date or the posting date in Microsoft Dynamics NAV to AvaTax as the document date
- You can now filter by document type when using the AvaTax reconciliation utility
- Consumer use tax configuration now has a separate section in configuration for AvaTax
- You can now filter addresses by tax area code when using batch address validation
- You can now update addresses directly from the AvaTax batch address validation utility
- Removed the Abort Batch Processing with Errors option for address validation from AvaTax configuraion
- Removed the option to select a different customer code for exemption processing and source code
- Removed the tax code mapping list from the General tab in AvaTax configuration
- Tax code mapping and entity/use code mapping are now enabled by default in AvaTax configuration
- The Tax Area Code Mass Update utility now also checks the tax liable checkbox on the customer record
- Changed the label on the order document for entity class to Entity/Use Code
- Country codes are now pre-selected for address validation
- System integration document
- Fixed the issue that caused tax to calculate for deleted service item lines
- Fixed the issue that impacted tax calculation when applying a transaction-level discount
- Fixed the issue that caused a GL inconsistency when posting a service order from the line level
- Fixed the issue that caused the invoice approval process to delete the tax calculated
AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2015 RTM
December 7, 2018
- You can now assign an AvaTax entity/use code at the line level in orders and invoices.
- You can now schedule the asynchronous posting process.