When Microsoft Dynamics GP generates reverse charges for a sales order transaction entry, invoice entry, or a receivable transaction entry, it also generates messages about the charges. Microsoft Dynamics GP generates a reverse charge for an invoice when:
- The selected customer is European. Ensure that the customer has a tax registration number in the customer master.
- Different European country addresses are selected for the origin and destination.
View reverse charge messages
To view reverse charge messages:
- In Microsoft Dynamics GP, create an invoice and calculate sales tax.
- Go to Additional, and then click AvaTax Invoice Messages.
- If there's a reverse charge message, it displays in the AvaTax Reverse Charge Messages window and is stored in the AVA_WORK_HRD table and the AVA_RevChMsg field.
- If there's no reverse charge message, "No invoice messages for this document" displays.