AvaTax address validation is a feature that verifies, corrects, and formats addresses according to the USPS database. At this time, AvaTax only validates addresses in the United States and Canada. Validating addresses may incur additional usage fees.
To validate addresses, make sure address validation options are enabled when you configure AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics GP.
Validate an address
- To validate an address:
- On a customer card - On the Microsoft Dynamics GP menu, click either Customer Maintenance or Customer Address Maintenance and open a customer card.
- On a vendor card - On the Microsoft Dynamics GP menu, click either Vendor Maintenance or Vendor Address Maintenance and open a vendor card.
- Site address - On the Microsoft Dynamics GP menu, click Site Maintenance and open a site record.
- Company address - On the Microsoft Dynamics GP menu, click Company Setup and open a company record.
- Go to Additional > AvaTax Address Validation. The Address Validation window displays both the original and validated address.
- Review the address, and then:
- Click Validate to validate the original address.
- Click Accept to accept the validated address.
- Click Cancel to cancel the validation.