Add an entity use code to a customer so AvaTax knows to exempt that customer from tax. AvaTax exempts transactions as long as the entity use codes are valid for the jurisdiction where the transactions take place. However, AvaTax does not store exempt information for your customers.
- In Microsoft Dynamics GP, go to Cards > Sales > Customer.
- Select a Customer ID.
- After the customer information appears, select Address ID.
- In the menu of the Customer Address Maintenance box, select Additional > AvaTax Entity/Use Code.
- In the Avalara AvaTax Customer Entity/Use Code box, select the Search icon.
- Select an entity use code, and then click Select.
- In the menu of the Avalara AvaTax Customer Entity/Use Code box, select Save.
- In the menu of the Customer Address Maintenance box, select Save.
- Save changes to the customer record.