This article applies to:AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations
Before you begin
Go to Avalara AvaTax > Setup > Configuration Settings > Address Validation tab and ensure that:
- The Disable Address Validation option is set to No
- The United States and Canada are selected for address validation
Validate an address
- In Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, open the customer record with the address you want to validate.
- In to the Address section, select the address you want to validate.
- In the Add or Edit Address window, click Address Validation:
- If a new address is suggested, click Accept to accept the new address and update the customer record.
- If the address doesn't validate, an error message displays describing why it failed validation.